- Capacity: 6 people (2 hunters & 4 non-hunters).
- Rooms: 3 double rooms with private bathroom.
- Dining room, sitting room with fire place, bar, gun cleaning table and facilities
- Telephone and satellite TV.
- Gourmet cuisine with fine Chilean wines, traditional asados (BBQ) and delicious desserts.
- Maid and laundry service.
- Gun rental.
- Non Hunting Activities: Horse Riding, Hiking, Sightseeing Tours & Shopping Trips.
- The season runs from the beginning of March to mid April.
- Temperatures are pleasant during the day (15-25 º C / 60-75º F ) but cool at night (3-10º C / 35-50º F)
- Hunters depart the lodge before daylight
- Guiding is 1:1 and all the guides speak good English.
- Travel from the lodge to the hunting areas is done on trucks and/or horseback. These zones are never more than 30 minutes from the lodge.
- The final stalk is done on foot.
- There are some elevated stands for those who prefer to hunt from a still position.
- Hunters return to the lodge for lunch and a siesta.
- Evening hunts last until dark.
- All harvested stags are over 9 years old and past their peak reproductive age.
- 400 point SCI Class Stags. For “Up to 240 CIC Stags"
- Full trophy preparation service.
- The estancia is located near the small town of Victoria in the IX Region of Chile.
- The city of Temuco is only 40 miles south of the estancia and has a major airport with daily flights (1 hr) from Santiago.
- The estancia also has its own landing strip.
Our Chilean program offers a truly unique opportunity to hunt for the enormous Red Stag that roam this part of the Central Valley of Chile. The area combines abundant food, great cover and more than 80 years of selective herd management, producing some of the biggest wild stags in the world. Indeed, over the years many have found the top of the record books. The Stags are completely wild and all hunts are fair chase on an unfenced ranch. No more than 6 mature stags are harvested each year, so availability for these hunts is extremely limited.
Experienced guides, all of whom are members of the same family and have an intimate knowledge of the local terrain, accompany each hunter. Hunts consist of stalking and glassing the valleys. The terrain includes soft, rolling hills and wheat fields interspersed with thick stands of dark timber. Open fields and meadows make it easy to move around. There is nothing more exciting than hearing these huge bulls roaring at close range through the early morning mist.
Our base is a beautifully located family estancia, where the owners themselves will attend to small groups of guests. The lodge, built from local stone and wood, overlooks adjacent mountains and the main hunting grounds. In the evenings guests will enjoy traditional asados (bbq) and delicious home cooked meals, complimented by the finest Chilean wines.